Bromley RFC actively encourages its members to take England Rugby Coaching Qualifications, Refereeing, First Aid and other courses. All coaches of mini and junior should complete the Rugby Ready course and be cleared through DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service). Coaches of U7 to U13 should take age group specific Old Mutual Wealth Kids First CPD Courses. In addition each mini and junior squad (from U9 to U18) should be headed by a coach holding the England Rugby Coaching Award (Level 1 or Level 2) - see the course descriptors page which explains course requirements and contents.
Members may book courses themselves via the England Rugby on-line course booking system. The club will reimburse costs to members who successfully complete these courses provided that have received advance approval from their squad head coach and head of section (the club does not have bottomless resources and needs to ensure that where we pay for courses they are needed). We expect each squad's coaches to cover the range of courses between them, and cascade their learning to colleagues, rather than all taking the same courses.
The England Rugby Coaches page is a source of valuable information for coaches
The list of local courses is maintained on the Kent Rugby website, but we are happy to apply to run courses at the club where coaches identify a need:
All mini and junior rugby coaching At Bromley RFC must comly with the England Rugby Age Grade Regulations, and mini and junior coaches should be aware of England Rugby's age grade rugby Codes of Practice
- Put children at the heart of everything we do and all the decisions we make.
- Encourage fun on the pitch, through equal opportunity and realistic expectations of our children.
- Build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy, respectful and enjoyable environment for kids.
- Develop children’s confidence and character as players and people.
- Champion rugby’s Core Values of Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship. These are what makes the game special for those who enjoy the environment and culture they create. They define the game and define England Rugby
Bromley RFC Club coaching Co-ordinator
07940 534871 firstname.lastname@example.org